Here's a recipe of a classic soup with an Indian twist!
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala (you can find this at most Indian grocery stores or Whole Foods)
½ a roasted butternut squash, skin peeled and cubed
1 carton vegetable broth
1 can coconut milk
- Heat olive oil in a large pot and add onions, bell pepper, and salt. Stir over medium-low heat until they begin to soften, about 5 min.
- Add ginger, tumeric, and garam masala. Cook for another minute.
- Stir in butternut squash and broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 12 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and take off the heat.
- Transfer to a blender and blend in batches. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer back to stock pot and reheat gently for a minute. Serve in bowls with a squeeze of lime.